Friday, November 6, 2009

Fashion Show


I've finally experienced my first fashion show. It was.... okay... I guess.
It was the first day of snow so no one came out. The place was empty. I only really liked one designer Anastasia Lomonova. She used some awesome prints and fabrics.
The other designers were all the same. Nothing really stood out. I was disappointed.

I met Stacey McKenzie!!! She's one of the judges from Canada's Top Model. The one with huge lips and the legs of a goddess. haha! She was funny.
I met some nice people. 2 photographers, a freelance writer and an upcoming fashion designer.

I spent the night dreaming about fashion and my business.
I've been debating what to do during my third trimester. Should I continue with school? Should I get a job? Should I just relax and work on my business?
I just might spend the next few months working on building a clothing line and website. It'd be nice. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting.

My parents and I have decided that its best if I move out by December. Some days my mom is good and optimistic (or at least silent). Most days however, she's a mess. At the very sight of me, she starts moaning about how her life is over and how fat I am. She is determined to keep our little secret from the big family. I think its stupid and futile but she doesn't want the dishonor.
To be truthful, I don't give a damn. I don't care what people think of me. No one can say anything because no one knows how it feels. You can imagine but you'll never know until you experience it yourself. I am proud of how I've handled things. I'm proud of my decision and at the end of the day, when I go to bed... I'm happy. I am strong and I can get through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment