Thursday, November 12, 2009

let the sun shine!!!!

It's been a beautiful week of sun and (+) degrees!
I can't even remember the last time it was EVER this warm in November. Sometimes, I like global warming... it means my autumn and winter are warmer.
I had an intense Transformer's dream with lots of action packed scenes. Bumblebee was my transformer and he was awesome. He saved me from a bunch of mini-Decepticons. I wish I had dreams of transformers every night. hahaha!

I have found one place as a potential move out. I'm seeing the place tomorrow. Am quite excited. I hope all the roomates are cool. Rent is $400 but I think I can negotiate down to $300 since I have absolutely no money.

This week has been interesting. School is slowly dwindling down and I'm actually enjoying it. It's scary to think that I'm going to be down with school in a year. I don't feel like I have learnt enough yet. I'm debating whether to take some college courses soon on e-commerce, entrepreneur, social marketing and web design. I have 4 more months before due date and am still unsure of what I'm going to do with my time. I'm torn between doing a bunch of small things to develop myself or 1-2 BIG things that are really exciting/risky.

I bought some flip chart paper a while ago and it is honestly the best $8 I've ever spent. (PS. This baby keeps kicking me right now. I've counted 13 in the last 4 minutes.... crazy baby). Anyways, I've been using the flipchart paper to map out my life. It's so useful because I can fit everything onto one paper and have it all laid out for me.
I've now created 3 "BIG PICTURE" plans. My sister and I worked on one. My friend Rachel made one for herself. My mom and dad are in the midst of creating one. I LOVE IT! It really is amazing. Rachel says I should sell the idea or at least get more people to do it and take the credit.

Rachel came over last night to work on her "big plan". It was so nice to just chill and talk. We just sat on my bed and talked about everything in her life. It's so easy to get caught up in life's everyday struggles, but when you see them in context of your big picture... it makes them seem so absolutely miniscuel and pointless. I'm really glad that Rachel was able to see that. Hopefully, this will help her focus more on the positive and meaningful things in life.

I know that when I did this activity early this year.. it made a HUGE difference. At the time, I was insanely stressed out from school, work, family problems, boyfriend problems, career problems, etc. It was just such an overload of issues. Unfortunately for Dan, alll my anger was taken out on him. I would call him so angry about everything and there was nothing he could do. He kept trying to make me feel better but it was ME causing all these problems on myself. After 2 months of this stress, Dan couldn't take it anymore. He told me to fix my own problems and to stop laying them on him. It hurt at the time, but I knew that he was right. Sometimes, it's just easier to lean on someone and forget that you need to be able to stand on your own 2 feet. I wrote down everything that was troubling me in my life and wrote down a solution for each of them. I then ranked each problem based on most important/urgent to least important. It helped putting everything into perspective. I allocated 3-4 problems that I should deal with that month and to just ignore the rest. My stress level pretty much disappeared after that. Dan was so happy and relieved! I was the old, happy, strong Theresa again.
It's ok to fall on the wagon sometimes, just make sure you have the running shoes to catch up with it again.

I'm going out for some coffee and timbits with Asha soon. I'm so hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment