Wednesday, December 9, 2009

day 1 of apartment shopping

So, I went to visit 2 apartments yesterday. UGH.... this might take a while.
The first apartment had an absolutely brilliant location. 2 minute walk to the train and 5 min walk to the main street....... And then I met the landlord. I got a bad vibe from him... and he was a tool. I asked how much hydro was a month since it wasn't included in the rent and his answer, "uuuuuhhhhh...... I don't... I don't know". (blank face).
Ya, ok, definitely NOT renting from you. The place was grunge but livable.

2nd place I visited had a beautiful apartment, completely renovated (as in it was still under renovation when I visited it). Not the greatest location, or in the best neighborhood. The landlord was super nice. I really liked him. My parents came with me to visit this apartment and they really liked it.

My problem is now trying to find a short term lease agreement. My friend and I are only planning on moving out for 4 months. After the baby is born, I'm going to try and find a job anywhere.... so I don't want to be strapped into a year lease. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment