Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baby and Books

I had my monthly doctor's appointment yesterday. She informed me that the baby is breeched which means its butt is facing down. That explains why when the baby turns around, it feels like a gigantic ocean wave rolling inside me. Usually the baby turns itself the right way by week 32... but I'll have to have another ultrasound to confirm if the baby moved. If the baby doesn't turn itself around than I have to have a C-section. Apparently, doctor's no longer risk physically turning the baby for first time mothers. All I keep thinking is "just get this baby out of here!" hahaha.

I spent all day reading "The Thirteenth Tale" today. My biggest dedication in life is to books. I devour books. I read the biggest Harry Potter book in less than 48 hours. D used to be soooo surprised at my speed of reading. I don't just skim over the words. I actually read every word. Unfortunately, I usually have to read the book twice in order for it to really sink into my memory.
I really enjoyed the The Thirteenth Tale. It reminds me of Jane Eyre and Withering Heights. I've always held a fear of those two stories. I don't like crazy people... especially when they're locked up in their house with people who don't know how to deal with the craziness and just leave the person to do whatever they want. And ESPECIALLY when the setting is in England. Just ghastly. The author definitely kept me wondering "what the hell is going on???" I wouldn't say that I was sitting on the edge of my sit but I can see how for some readers, they would be. It's just the whole spookiness plot that made me have to take multiple breaks in order to prepare myself for whatever outcome the author was going to throw at me. I don't deal well with mystery novels. Still... a very classic novel.

Up next.... The Gargoyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment