Monday, January 11, 2010

The Importance of Paper

I love notebooks.

I'm very picky notebook purchaser. The feel, the weight, the look have to be perfect.

I like thick paper in my notebook because I press hard on my pens and don't like when my pens leak through.

I like my notebook having 3 holes because then the notebook feels more casual and I don't mind ripping out stuff.

My current notebook is lined in green. It engages my creativity. So much more interesting to write on green lines than blue lines.

The cover of my notebook is my design. It's made out of pink scrapbook tissue paper with embedded shreds of gold ribbons. A single white, square tissuepaper with a faint hint of pink and clouds lie in the center of the cover.
Across the width of my notebook are two raspberry strips bordering the white aquare. Hidden underneath this homemade cover are Gandhi's words:

"The future depends on what we do in the present".

My notebooks must be unique. It must mimic the thousands of thoughts, ideas and dreams that are inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment