Thursday, January 7, 2010

white chocolate brownies

Just finished baking with my sister. We made white chocolate brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I've been absolutely dying for some brownies. I bought whip cream and vanilla ice cream in preparation! Hopefully, I didn't make them too thin.

Had a talk with D today about the possibility of keeping the baby. I warned him beforehand that he didn't need to answer right away.... in fact, I prefered if he went away and really thought about things. Surprisingly, he didn't say anything stupid or hurtful like he usually does. As he talked though, I couldn't help notice his demeanor. It was very 'I'll do what I feel like and take on whatever responsibility I want.... the rest is on her'. He kept saying he wanted joint-custody because if he was paying for the baby, he was going to get his "times-worth". I shake my head each time he says this. I don't think he understands the reality of what it takes to take care of a baby. It seems like it's all talk once again. He just wants his moneys-worth and doesn't even really think of the child. I'll bet he'll just leave the baby on the couch or cancel last minute.

He is so frustrating. Sometimes, I can actually hear the birds twittering away in his brain with an occasional breeze floating through. Other times, he astonishes me with his insight. I never know what to expect which is why he constantly keeps me on my toes.
I just don't know anymore. This baby brings about so many confusing things. I told D outright that the biggest reason I didn't want to keep the baby was because I didn't want to have to spend the rest of my life dealing with his shit. He shrugged his shoulders in response.

At least we didn't end up fighting.... who knows what he'll say behind my back now. I feel slightly bad.... he hasn't really gotten much say in this entire process. At the end of the day, it's my body and my decision.... but the decision affects him just as much as it affects me.
I think that if he hadn't been such an asshole the past few months, his opinions would matter a lot more; but since he's proven countless times that he's undependable and selfish, his opinions don't matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment